Tesla Model S goes 388 miles on 'normal' drive in Holland
With a car provided by Athlon Car Lease, the students from Eindhoven University of Technology averaged 24 miles per hour in regular traffic. The achievement is impressive given that the Tesla is rated at up to 265 miles on a single charge and the drive brings a bit of good PR to California-based Tesla, as if it needed any. Tesla recently started European sales and has its European distribution center in the Netherlands.
The Dutch team did fall short of a Florida driver's effort last year to get 423 miles out of a Tesla on one charge late last year. Of course, that driver's average speed was just 18 miles per hour, implying that someone had a little extra time on their hands.
Tesla Model S Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models