Tesla Model S scores five stars in NHTSA crash tests [w/video]
A refresher on the other good news of the week: Tesla announced Wednesday that it increased sales to 5,150 vehicles for the second quarter, and said it may double production next year. After reporting its first profit in the first quarter, Tesla's second-quarter gross margin was 22 percent and may reach 25 percent by year-end. Tesla's second-quarter revenue was $405.1 million and the company narrowed its second-quarter loss to $30.2 million from a $105.5 million loss a year earlier.
You can check out several Model S crash-test videos below, though you might want to cover your eyes.
Tesla Model S Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models