BMW counting on i3 to improve image, i8 will follow weeks later
Saying the i3 will be advertised as an innovation package, helping to show that the brand known for performance can also to green. It's an evolution of the "Born Electric" campaign and we'll certainly be keeping our eyes open to see if it's an effective message.
The i3 will go on sale in the US early next year and despite BMW's assurances to AutoblogGreen that the company will be able to ramp up production to meet demand, Willisch said demand will be high demand and that "supply will be somewhat limited." Given that Willisch said the i8 will go on sale a few weeks after the i3, the spring of 2014 could be an interesting time for BMW in the US.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models