Yates' record-setting electric airplane gets new battery pack
We last reported on Mr. Yates in April, when he was preparing to tear up Colorado's Pikes Peak Hillclimb with his electric motorcycle. But last July is when he really made news by getting his Burt Rutan-designed retrofitted Long-EZ plane to hit 202.6 miles per hour before the electric motor conked out and forced the pilot into a dead-stick (and safe) landing.
Read Yates' blog post here and watch the eight-plus-minute video below.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models