More Peugeot 208 FE details emerge, including estimated 135 MPGe
Peugeot is managing to wring some impressive performance numbers from the car by boring out its 1.0-liter engine to 1.2 liters and matching it with an electric motor that can drive the car unassisted for about 10 miles. The company also has reduced the car's weight by about 20 percent by using fiberglass suspension, carbon-fiber body parts and narrower tires, while the body has been maximized for best-possible aerodynamics. A real 208 Hybrid would also have three driving modes: electric, eco and sport. But, again, those modes are so far more theoretical than realistic, as Peugeot has no plans to mass-produce the model. In Europe or the US.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models