Florida's Approved Vanity License Plates Can Be As Offensive As Ones Rejected
Florida rejects some vanity licenses plates, but the approved ones can be just as bad
Florida's Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles sift through thousands of license plate applications each year and reject those found to be offensive. Phrases dealing with race, or of a sexual nature, or may be seen as generally offensive are suppose to end up on the reject pile.
However WTSP 10 found some license plates that make it on to cars can be as bad as those thrown out. A fan of a rival college football team for example submitted G8TR H8R, and was rejected. While the one-letter difference in G8TR HTR got this vanity approved in 2007.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models