First Chevy Spark EVs show up at West Coast dealerships
The first three dealers to get the EVs were in Los Angeles and Orange Counties, while an additional 10 Golden State distributors received Spark EVs by end of day Thursday, Inside EVs reports. This is a bit earlier than predicted. Chevrolet parent General Motors will start selling the Spark EV in Europe next year.
Chevy late last month set lease and purchase prices for the Spark EV. A 36-month lease runs $199 a month with a $999 down payment and the car is priced at $27,495 before any government incentives kick in. Even with the $7,500 federal tax credit, the Spark EV costs about $8,000 more than the gas-powered version.
Chevy Spark EV Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models