Tesla loses fight to set up its own dealers in Texas
According to Automotive News, the startup EV-maker lost its second straight battle to sell cars in dealerships that don't conform to state franchise laws restricting factory-owned dealerships. Earlier in the year, Tesla failed to get a dealer license in Virginia, and this time around, it will have to wait until at least 2015 to fight for an exemption in Texas. This means that Tesla's Houston and Austin showrooms are not actually allowed to sell vehicles. The report also adds that Tesla CEO Elon Musk could end up taking his case to the federal courts.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models