Refuel's 5th Annual Refuel Clean Power race will be held Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA, on June 30, and the organizers are now taking registrants.
Drivers of electric cars and motorcycles can pay a mere $30 for "track time and basic performance driving instruction." Race organizers estimate vehicle turnout in the hundreds and will let everyone take a "parade lap" for those who want to hit the track but keep it under the speed limit. Oh, and vehicle recharging is free. Find out more here, and read Refuel's press release below.
Speed Ventures presents the 5th Annual REFUEL Clean Power Motorsports Event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Sunday June 30, 2013.
For the fifth year running, Speed Ventures, a leading recreational motorsports club with operations in California and Nevada, welcomes electric cars and motorcycles to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California to showcase cutting-edge clean transportation technology in a motorsports setting.
Speed Ventures will provide track time and basic performance driving instruction for drivers of electric cars and riders of electric motorcycles for only $30 per vehicle. The event is open to the new wave of Electric Vehicles (EVs) as well as to electric conversions and purpose-built all-electric race cars. Owners of electric vehicles and motorcycles can participate in open track sessions and compete in the SportElectric Time Trial which is classed for production vehicles, conversions, purpose-builts and prototypes. Competition is expected to be fierce again as the Fastest Electric Vehicle lap record has been reset at each of the past 4 REFUEL events.
For 2013, the REFUEL Clean Power Motorsports Event will offer the following:
• Drive your EV, Electric Motorcycle, or Electric Kart on Mazda Raceway at speed and receive basic performance driving instruction
• Participate in the SportElectric Time Trial to see who is the fastest EV driver at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
• Drive your EV on the free EV performance test course (Autocross style)
• Rendezvous with hundreds of EV owners and fans during the EV Owner's Meet
• A Parade Lap on The World Famous Mazda Raceway Laguna is open to all EVs in attendance (low speed, passengers are allowed, no helmets required)
• Free charging stations for REFUEL track and Time Trial participants. Limited charging stations are available for all other attendees.
ABOUT SPEED VENTURES
In just over a decade, Speed Ventures has become one of the largest recreational motorsports organizations in the western U.S. introducing thousands of drivers to the sport of road-racing at events held year-round on the best tracks in California and Nevada. Speed Ventures provides practice and test days, instruction for beginners, time trial competitions and wheel-to-wheel racing. Speed Ventures also hosts corporate and media events and partners with a number of other racing organizations.