Two companies have announced a merger that should assist plug-in electric vehicle drivers around the US. EV mobile application developer Recargo, Inc., is merging with Xatori, Inc., creator of the popular PlugShare charging station finder.
Both companies have seen membership double this year, as more and more EV drivers out there access the companies' charging locator apps, Recargo Station Finder and PlugShare. The companies will now be combining their resources into a mega-directory with more than 20,000 EV charging stations under the PlugShare brand. It will also offer more than 30,000 station reviews and 14,000 photos to assist with navigation.
Recargo's Brian Kariger will remain as CEO of the company, and Forrest North, CEO of Xatori, will serve as COO. All current staff are staying on after the merger. The company will retain its offices in Venice, and Menlo Park, CA, to continue to attract and retain talent and clientele in what it calls "the hottest EV markets." More details are available below.
Two Companies Will Unify Mobile Products and Services Reaching World's Largest Community of Plug-In Driver
Venice, CA and Menlo Park, CA – May 22, 2013 – Recargo, Inc. and Xatori, Inc. today announced that the two companies are merging to revolutionize vehicle software and information services for plug-in mobility. The merger will expand the companies' ability to offer guidance to drivers and industry and leverage combined teams and resources to better support the plug-in driving experience.
Both Recargo and Xatori have seen tremendous growth in 2013, doubling membership across their EV charging community properties including their charging locator apps, the Recargo Station Finder, and PlugShare. The combined company will bring these apps together into a single, comprehensive directory of over 20,000 electric vehicle charging stations under the PlugShare brand, with more than 30,000 station reviews and 14,000 photos to assist in last mile navigation.
The merger will also bring Xatori's plug-in charging manager GreenCharge and fleet manager ChargeManager under the same roof as EV research panel PlugInsights and EV news and information portal PluginCars.com, to offer even more comprehensive information and utility to EV drivers and industry.
Brian Kariger will remain as CEO of the company, while Forrest North, CEO of Xatori, Inc., will become COO. All current Recargo and Xatori staff are staying on with Recargo after the merger, and the company will retain its offices in Venice, and Menlo Park, California, to continue to attract and retain talent and clientele in the hottest EV markets.
"We came together with the same goal in mind, to grow the EV market." said Kariger. "This merger is the beginning of a powerful collaboration, doubling resources and fortifying our community.
"This merger gives us more opportunities to work with larger companies, utilities, automakers, and fleets," said North. "Best of all, our users will benefit from our combined talents and unified product. The strength and passion of our combined communities will really help accelerate the plug-in revolution."
As part of the merger, the companies services, including charging station directories, will gradually integrate into one unified app with the combined location information, charging capabilities, driver reviews and photos of thousands of charging stations across the continent.
The complete suite of Recargo products now includes:
Consumer products and services:
· PluginCars – the web's premier site for reviews, user forums and guides about purchasing and owning plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles
· PlugShare – a cause-based social network that allows users to find charging stations and connect with other plug-in vehicle owners
· Recargo Station Finder – finds electric vehicle charging stations, searches for food and activities via Yelp, and connects to news from PluginCars.com
· GreenCharge – displays driving patterns, charging costs, and environmental impact on iPhones and iPads
· PlugInsights – delivers opt-in surveys of behaviors and desires of potential and current plug-in buyers, catered to the plug-in industry
· Charging Station API – an industry-standard API to integrate and deliver charging station information on a variety of platforms
· ChargeManager – a web-based application to maintain plug-in electric and hybrid fleets by monitoring vehicles' charging statuses and levels
· Reports and Dashboards – provides the plug-in industry with an inside view on charging stations and electric vehicles across North America
Recargo is a software and services company that provides social driving tools and consumer and industry intelligence to support the adoption and growth of plug-in mobility. The company is based in Venice, CA, with offices in Menlo Park, CA.