Kia Soul EV might cost $35,000, have a range of 120 miles
Kia World says the "mass produced" Soul EV is due in the first half of 2014 for around $35,000 and will be "the very-first electic vehicle to be sold in the global market, including the US, Europe and China." Nissan might take offense at that, but technically, the Leaf will be reworked as the Fengshen E30. As for performance, the Soul EV is supposed to have a range of about 120 miles and a top speed of 87 miles per hours. The 0-60 time will be nothing that impresses ("under 12 seconds" is the rumor) but at least it beats the Ray's time by four seconds.
We've asked Kia for confirmation or denial on these figures, and will let you know if we hear anything substantial.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models