Little car, big arguments: Honda Fit EV review divides C&D readers for our entertainment
The innocuous-looking Honda triggered some "anti-EV vitriol" Car and Driver readers. It's not a huge surprise that C&D bashed the model for its high price, tight quarters, limited (compared to the gas model) range and, of course, sub-par road performance. It's one writer's opinion, and that's that. What's more illuminating, though, are the comments from Car and Driver readers, which get into politics, elitism and, yes, Leonardo De Caprio. Oh, what fun. It's a bit of a rabbit hole, but here are a few examples:
- "[EVs] are for self-hating RICH people who the liberals have made ASHAMED to flaunt their wealth. If I had that kind of money, I'd drive around in a Lamborghini or Veyron. Even now, when people hear my engine and ask how many miles do I get per gallon, I proudly say "10.1"."
- "EVs are NOT improvements over gas powere vehicles. You have a very short leash on the car and have an extremely long recharge time. You can quick charge the batteries but at the cost of killing their longevity. You may not be spewing fumes outside a tail pipe but you are adding to the energy consumed by power plants. Don't even start with the ridiculous solar panel chargers since it would literally take you a week to get a full charge from the solar panels on tops of an average family home. God help you if you are in an apartment."
Autoblog accepts vehicle loans from auto manufacturers with a tank of gas and sometimes insurance for the purpose of evaluation and editorial content. Like most of the auto news industry, we also sometimes accept travel, lodging and event access for vehicle drive and news coverage opportunities. Our opinions and criticism remain our own — we do not accept sponsored editorial.
Honda Fit EV Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video