BMW JV will sell China EVs under new Zinoro/Zhi Nuo badge
Brilliance will make the cars at its Shenyang plant, where 3-series, 5-series and X1 vehicles are also made, with sales starting early next year. No word on which model or models will be used for the EV. Automotive News says BMW sold more than 80,000 vehicles in China through March, up 7.4 percent from a year earlier but about 20 percent less than Audi among luxury automakers.
BMW recently announced the new Zinoro/Zhi Nuo badge, which roughly translates as "The Promise," and may expand the brand beyond China. Brilliance, which was established in 2003, has been in the plug-in game for a few years now, showing off a plug-in hybrid 5-series vehicle at the Shanghai Motor Show in 2011.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models