Audi A1 e-tron EREV will get further testing in Germany
The test is part of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research's program to broaden plug-in vehicle adoption in Germany, Hybrid Cars says. Getting the up-close treatment is UQM Technologies' drivetrain and systems, which give the car a 30-mile range in all-electric mode and 155 miles of combined gas-electric range.
Last September, Audi started promoting the Dual-Mode Hybrid version of the A1 e-tron, which has multiple drivetrain modes that allows the car's 1.5-liter gas engine act both as a conventional motor and an on-board generator, depending on driving conditions. Audi said that version could go as far as 56 miles on battery power alone and delivers 177 horsepower.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models