- Mar 7, 2013
Consumer Reports names 2013 Top Picks; domestics miss the cut but get their own list
Granted, CR's qualifications for picking the best new cars may be a bit different than our own (or yours, fellow automotive enthusiasts). Still, it's interesting to see which vehicles manage to straddle the line by being fun to drive, reliable and safe in the minds and charts of CR's testers. Seven new winners show up on CR's list of Top Picks for 2013, meaning there may be a surprise or two in the mix.
Here are some highlights:
- Honda took three awards in 2013, including the midsize category with its Accord. Honda was completely absent from CR's Top Picks list in 2012.
- The Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ twins were recognized as the best sportscars.
- The Audi A6 snagged the Luxury Car category while the BMW 328i took the Sports Sedan trophy.
- Ford was the most awarded manufacturer, taking four separate categories.
- Chevrolet was close behind with three wins.
- Chrysler took the luxury car win with the 300 and won the minivan category by default since it's the only domestic brand with an offering.