TRANSLOGIC 123: Aeroscraft
Don't call it a blimp. The Aeroscraft is a Rigid Variable Buoyancy Air Vehicle. This advanced airship's internal ballast system allows it to hover, ascend and descend without a runway takeoff, and offload cargo without re-ballasting. Possible applications range from entertainment travel to military missions. We head to a historic hangar in Tustin, Calif. to check out the latest Aeroscraft prototype.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX