Danica Patrick becomes first woman to win Sprint Cup pole
"You can do anything you want to do, and gender doesn't matter," said Patrick. And she's right: Danica Patrick can now claim to be the first woman to win pole position in NASCAR's top racing division. Since this will be her first full year in the Sprint Cup, she's also the first rookie driver to score pole since Jimmie Johnson managed the feat in 2002.
So, how do you celebrate winning pole position at Daytona? "I'm probably gonna grab some beers," said Patrick. Sounds like a winning plan to us. Scroll down below to watch a video from NASCAR highlighting the historic event.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models