Puppy Trapped In Wheel Well Survives 10-Mile Ride
Owner hadn't realized Pepe had escaped from house
The two-month-old puppy stowed away in the wheel well of his owner's car last week in Stockton, Calif. On her way to work, Christina Ferrara didn't notice the pup curled up under the car and drove 10 miles down Interstate 5.
When she got out of her car, she saw a tail sticking out from underneath the rear left wheel. "I was so scared to try and do anything myself," she tells CNN, so she enlisted the help of a nearby auto mechanic.
Xavier Hernandez was surprised to find Pepe alive and well. "His legs were stuck in there somehow," he said. "He was just a scared little puppy."
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models