Discolor Tyre Uses Bright Color To Indicate Tire Wear
Under the normal black rubber of a tire's tread pattern, is a bright orange colored rubber. By the time the tread wears through to the color, it's time to change your tires. In addition to showing general wear, the orange rubber can also indicate small tears or leaks.
Pretty neat stuff for those who aren't into measuring their tread wear. This concept would certainly make our cars safer, but would you want to drive around on hot-orange tires until you could swap them out with a fresh set? Let us know in the comments.
[Source: Yanko Design]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models