Ford gets ready for 900 EV-certified dealers by this spring
Ford, which had 200 plug-in certified dealers in November, will expand that number to about 900 within the next couple of months. By then, Ford expects to be selling the Fusion Energi, which was recently tested to have a 620-mile range in combined EV and gas-powered modes.
While demand for Ford's hybrids helped boost the company's January alt-fuel sales almost fivefold from a year earlier, plug-in vehicle sales remain sluggish. C-Max Energi sales fell to 338 units from 971 in December, while the company moved just 81 Focus Electrics in January, compared to 167 the previous month.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models