Fisker sues insurance company over Karmas damaged in Hurricane Sandy
According to the report, the policy Fisker had obtained from XL covered the automaker for damages up to $100 million. At issue are important details that include "whether the cars were in "transit," and which sublimits may apply, if any," according to David Klein, a partner at Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe, in a phone interview with Reuters.
Fisker's 338 Karma sedans are just a few of the estimated 10,000 vehicles destroyed at the shipping facility in New Jersey. Total vehicular losses from Sandy, both new and used, are thought to have crested 200,000 units.
Fisker Karma Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models