Ferrari fails to take F1 driver's title from Vettel on questionable pass
Ferrari is looking into on-board footage that may show Vettel passing Toro Rosso driver Jean-Eric Vergne, which would have resulted in a 20-second penalty if discovered during the race. If that had happened, it would have resulted in Vettel falling to eighth place, which would have caused him to lose the Driver's Championship by a single point to Fernando Alonso and the Ferrari team.
Ferrari has asked the FIA to review the footage, but it is reportedly unlikely that the Formula One governing body will penalize Vettel. According to the UK's Telegraph, the FIA has taken the position that it will not apply penalties retroactively, and to do so would reverse that stance.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models