After the flooding and power outages, one of the biggest impacts Superstorm Sandy has had in the Northeast remains a rash of gasoline shortages. To get around the problem, Fei Teng, a 42-year-old sushi chef at a Manhattan restaurant called 1066 ENO, was reportedly hoarding gas in the restaurant's basement using soy sauce buckets. How do we know this? According to the New York Daily News, another restaurant employee accidently spilled most of the fuel onto the floor, which subsequently somehow ignited.

Three employees were injured during the resultant blaze, with a chef receiving first- and second-degree burns to his body and face, while a busboy and waitress received more serious second- and third-degree burns on their legs. The report is from Saturday, which indicated that the employees were still in the hospital and that the restaurant was still closed. There was no word as to whether Teng will face any charges, but this bizarre disaster is further proof that you should only use properly labeled gas cans for storage – and keep them in well-ventilated areas.

I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.

    • 1 Second Ago
  • 2015 Toyota Highlander
    MSRP: $29,765 - $44,140
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    MSRP: $29,995 - $64,895
    2015 Honda Accord
    MSRP: $22,105 - $33,630
    2015 Honda Civic
    MSRP: $18,290 - $26,740
    2015 Mazda Mazda3
    MSRP: $16,945 - $25,545
    Share This Photo X