- Aerovironment: Level 2 EVSE-RS
- Blink/Ecotality: Level 2 Charge Station
- ChargePoint/Coulomb Technologies: CT2000 Series
- Clipper Creek: CS Series
- Eaton: EV Charging Station (residential)
- Eaton: Pow-R-Station (commercial)
- Schneider Electric: EVLink Indoor Charging Station (EV2430WS)
Some customers may complain of a 'Check EV System' message illuminating after attempting to charge their vehicle at a public charging station.
Toyota is investigating this issue.
Leviton Mfg. is the Toyota-approved supplier for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE), that is, EV charging stations.
Leviton's Level 2 (240V) 40A, 30A and 16A Toyota Program models and EVR-green series have been extensively tested and approved for use with the Toyota RAV4 EV and Prius Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle.
While there are numerous EVSEs offered in the market, only the Leviton models specified above have been approved.
However, the following Level 2 charging stations* have completed a basic level of confirmation with the Toyota RAV4 EV and should function properly: Manufacturer Models
- AeroVironment Level 2 EVSE-RS
- Blink / ECOtality Level 2 Charge Station
- Charge Point / Coulomb Technologies CT2000 Series
- Clipper Creek CS Series
- Eaton Pow-R-Station (Commercial), EV Charging Station (Residential)
- Schneider Electric EVlink Indoor Charging Station (EV2430WS)
If you determine that the 'Check EV System' message may be displayed because the vehicle driver used an incompatible charging station, the message can be cleared using the following procedure:
(Note: The 'Check EV System' message can be displayed for various reasons – check for other causes and codes before utilizing the clearing procedure outlined below.)
- Disconnect the EVSE from the vehicle.
- IG ON (with foot removed from brake pedal, press and release start button once, wait 1 second, press and release start button again).
- Wait 10 seconds for the system to complete the start-up check.
- IG OFF (with foot removed from brake pedal, press and release start button).
- Wait 1 second.
- Repeat steps 2-5 four times to clear the warning message. On the fourth IG-ON event, the warning message should no longer be displayed.
This Tech Tip does not contain any link references.