Elon Musk: Tesla has made 1,000 Model S frames
Tesla Motors is working on a four-figure production total for its six-figure sedan.
Company founder Elon Musk on Sunday Tweeted that Tesla completed production of its 1,000th frame for its all-electric Model S, whose top-of-the-line version retails for more than $100,000.
Musk added that Tesla made more Model S bodies in October than it did in the rest of the year combined. Tesla initially set a goal to make 5,000 Model S vehicles by year-end, though admitted late last month that it was about a month behind schedule for Model S deliveries.
In early October, Tesla said it will get $10 million from the state of California to expand production at its Bay Area plant to gear up for the Model X SUV, which is expected to start production in 2014.
Tesla Model S Information
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies