NHTSA to probe 2011-2012 Jeep Patriot over stalling fears
NHTSA says some owners report their vehicles' engines are completely shutting off at speeds above 65 mph. In at least eight cases, the drivers could not restart the vehicle, and in at least one incident, the stall involved a crash that injured two people.
If the investigation turns up enough cases, the agency will issue a recall of the vehicles. A Jeep spokesman said the company is looking into the issue.
Jeep Patriot Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models