Ark began with standard 201-horsepower Hyundai Veloster Turbo and, using various bits from the Ark catalog, ramped power up to 232 horses with a torque boost to 240 pound-feet. The extra oomph comes from an ARK exhaust, test pipe and turbo up-pipes, a K&N intake, Nitrous Express Proton kit, Ark oil cooler and a Koyo radiator.
Beneath the coupe is an Ark coilover system, big brake kit and strut bar. The wheels are Gram Light 57Xtremes.
But SEMA is as much about looks as it is about fast. An Ark/Adro body kit and CF Rally Wing was covered in Custom Pearl White by Beyond Coachworks. JPM Coachworks outfitted the Veloster with a matching "Alpine Edition" interior featuring custom seats, instrument panel, steering wheel and headliner. Alcantara, mildew-repelling Italian leather and WeatherTek material. A Seibon Carbon hood and deck lid are accented by 180 Customs head and tail lights.
Check out the press release below for more details.
Unique Interior Environment with Winter Sports Accessories Offers Special Appeal To Active Enthusiasts
COSTA MESA, Calif., Oct. 18, 2012 – ARK Performance has created a Veloster sport coupe concept focused on an extreme sports alpine-enthusiast lifestyle. This concept debuts with Hyundai at the 2012 SEMA show and offers a finely tailored interior using materials, colors and design themes fitting an extreme winter sports lifestyle. The active sports theme carries outside to the exterior with a number of custom accessories appealing to mountain sports enthusiasts.
The Veloster Alpine concept expands on original Veloster functional design strengths, such as the hidden third door and wide-opening rear hatch with a focused interior theme. JPM Coachworks created the interior environment with a blend of Alcantara®, fine Italian leather and WeatherTek® breathable fabric. These materials were chosen specifically for their durability in wet environments, including leather that repels mildew and a WeatherTek material commonly used in snow apparel. Combined, these materials offer eye-catching accents within the overall interior theme, while drawing the snow-like exterior color into the cabin, with bright whites and cool shades of blue. As an added touch, the warmth of the Alcantara® suede material provides a welcoming environment after a frosty day on the slopes.
"Our Veloster Alpine concept reflects the diverse lifestyle versatility we envisioned in the original Veloster concept," said Ted Lee, owner of ARK performance, Inc. "This extreme sports coupe concept will appeal to winter sports enthusiasts who love to carve the snow as much as a twisty canyon road."
The 1.6-liter, direct-injected Veloster engine received engine modifications, including an ARK Performance DTS exhaust system, K&N intake System, Nitrous Express Proton Kit, ARK Oil Cooler, and BTRcc custom engine bay parts and tuning. The new engine boasts 232 horsepower and 240 lb.-ft. of torque from only 1.6-liters of displacement. The comprehensive list of Veloster Alpine performance enhancements include:
- Custom Tuning by BTRcc
- Horsepower: 232 HP @ 5500 RPM
- Torque: 240 lb.-ft. @ 1700 RPM
- ARK Performance Veloster Turbo DTS exhaust system, test pipe and turbo up-pipes
- K&N Intake System
- Nitrous Express Proton Kit
- ARK Oil Cooler
- BTRcc Custom Engine Bay parts
- Koyo Radiator
- NRG Oil Catch Tank
- NRG Fuel Pressure Tank
- NRG Washer Mods
- Custom Pearl White Paint by Beyond Coachworks
- Custom soft-touch interior materials by HEXIS
- 2013 ARK/Adro body kit: bumpers, side skirts, rear wing, fenders
- ARK CF Rally Wing
- 180 Customs Headlights and Taillights
- Seibon Carbon hood and deck lid
- NRG front and rear tow hooks
- ROME SDS Snowboard, bindings and boots
- Reverb Rockers Snowboards
- Gold Snowboards
- Folsom Boots
- Memphis Boots
- Targa G3 Bindings
- Strut G1 Bindings
- Yakima Snowboard Rack and custom wind guard
- Yakima Fatcat 6
- Rally Armor Mudflaps
- JPM Coachworks "Alpine Edition" interior
- Custom Seats, Instrument Panel, Shift knob and boot, Armrest, Headliner, Visors and Steering Wheel
- NRG short hub and quick release
- ARK PERFORMANCE DTP Coilover System
- ARK Big Brake Kit
- Air Motion Cup Suspension kit
- ARK Performance Upper Strut Bar
- GP Knuckles and Arms
- Rays Gramlight 57Xtreme Wheels (Silver)
- Muteki Lug Nuts
- Nitto INVO Tires