Watch a time-lapse video of the Space Shuttle Endeavour's final voyage
Plus, including its support mechanism, the Endeavour package weight in at 292,000 pounds, which meant almost 2,700 steel plates had to be affixed to the road surface to support the payload. And through one portion of its travel over the 405 Freeway, the shuttle was towed by a Toyota Tundra pickup truck.
All of these challenges made moving Endeavour a logistical nightmare, and it arrived several hours later than planned. But arrive it did, in one piece with no damage, and we're lucky that its move was followed by so many camera-wielding spectators that the Los Angeles Times was able to piece together an awe-inspiring time-lapse video. See for yourself below.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models