Its claim to fame is a function called "AutoLearn," which identifies false alarms and uses GPS to remember their location. This virtually eliminates false alarms, the bane of most laser and radar detectors owners. Combined with Escort's excellent laser and radar detection hardware, the ability to update its database of red light and fixed-position speed camera locations over the web and automatically vary the sensitivity of detection based on vehicle speed, the 9500 ix is a true set-it-and-forget-it detector.
The Passport 9500 ix sits atop the Escort line as the best all-around detector offered by this trusted 30-year-old, Cincinnati-based brand. And it can be yours for the low, low price of absolutely nothing. Just enter on our Facebook page between now and 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, October 17.
When you enter, you'll also get a unique URL to share with friends via Facebook, Twitter and email. If they use it to enter, you get more entries! See below for the rules of the sweepstakes.
- Click here to enter. Requires that you Like the Autoblog Facebook page. Additional entries can be earned if your friends use a unique URL given to you to enter.
- Sweepstakes is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older!
- The winner will be chosen randomly. One winner will win an Escort Passport 9500 ix valued at $499.95.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within five days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM EST.