Even after crash, Tesla Roadster makes it around the world in 80 days!
That's the recent history of Rafael de Mestre and his attempt to be the first person to take a standard, production electric vehicle around the world. After playing catch-up with the Electric Odyssey duo and their Citroen C-Zero EV, de Mestre suffered a crash in Germany just 600 miles from the finish line.
Undeterred, de Mestre had his Tesla Roadster repaired straightaways and successfully completed the drive last weekend. @TeslaMotors Tweeted congratulations for "making the #GuinessBook of records with your Roadster: the first EV to make it around the world!" But, looking at de Mestre's own Twitter feed, it appears he's still out there, running for more EV records.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models