Paralympic gold medalist Zanardi trying to get BMW DTM ride
BMW has confirmed that Zanardi is interested in the series, but it was vague as to the possibilities of him joining the team. The report says that nothing is likely to happen for this season, and even after that, there is plenty of variables that will play into whether this becomes a reality... especially safety.
This wouldn't be Zanardi's first stint behind the wheel of a BMW racecar as he won four races between 2004 and 2009 for the automaker in the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) using a car with hand-controlled brakes and throttle.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models