Mulally says he has no plans to retire from Ford "any time soon" [w/video]
The show's co-host, Charlie Rose, brings up the possibility of Mulally leaving on a high note considering Ford's current status, and Mulally replies "Charlie, squelch that rumor." When pushed even further for a definitive answer, Mulally confirmed that he is "not going to retire any time soon" although he gives no indication as to how long "any time soon" actually is.
The interview also touches on the future of the F-150 possibly using more aluminum, stricter fuel economy standards and how Ford plans to deal with its declining sales in Europe.
Scroll down to watch the entire video, and note that the retirement discussion starts around the 3:08 mark.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies