BMW reportedly in talks to buy De Tomaso
Things might finally be looking up for De Tomaso, however, according to Automotive News Europe. The Italian Industry Ministry is reportedly in continuing discussions with different potential buyers, and BMW is reportedly among the suitors.
De Tomaso filed for bankruptcy earlier this year after selling the rights to build the grotesque Deauville sedan to a Chinese company in order to fund the next Pantera.
BMW previously denied having any interest in the bankrupt automaker. Automotive News says the Italian Industry Ministry hopes to find a buyer and get the sale process kicked off sometime next month.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models