2012 Nissan Versa's airbag under NHTSA investigation
Nissan notified NHTSA of the issue, though no complaints about the problem have yet been made. The investigation by NHTSA will help determine whether or not a recall is warranted.
The new Versa was already recalled in February for problems with its shifter assembly, whereby automatic-transmission-equipped cars could be shifted out of Park without the driver first depressing the brake pedal. To its credit, though, the Versa was named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in March.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video