2012 Nissan Versa's airbag under NHTSA investigation
Nissan notified NHTSA of the issue, though no complaints about the problem have yet been made. The investigation by NHTSA will help determine whether or not a recall is warranted.
The new Versa was already recalled in February for problems with its shifter assembly, whereby automatic-transmission-equipped cars could be shifted out of Park without the driver first depressing the brake pedal. To its credit, though, the Versa was named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in March.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.