Tesla CEO Elon Musk makes just $33,280 a year; has option to buy 5.27 million shares
Business Week is reporting that Musk's compensation package, designed "to keep him at the company," included an option to buy 5.27 million TSLA shares at $31.17 a share over the next ten years. That would cost $164 million and could be worth way more than his official $33,280 annual salary. Perhaps that's why he's already said he plans to stay at Tesla for "several more years." Right now, BW says, Musk controls 25.8 percent of Tesla and is the largest shareholder. TSLA shares are currently trading at $29.40.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models