Fisker needs $150 million to build Atlantic
Posawatz knows what it takes to get an electric car to market, but Fisker is some $150 million short of cash it needs before it launches the Atlantic, according to the report. One of Fisker's directors told the news organization that bolstering the balance sheet is necessary not only to cover operating expenses, but also to fund more product development.
Fisker's financial shortfall is the effect of losing over half its $529 million loan from the Department of Energy, according to the report. The company says it plans to raise the additional funds through more private financing.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies