Watch (And Listen) As The Audi R8 E-Tron Takes On The 'Ring [VIDEO]
You might remember when Audi announced the R8 E-Tron's run on the Nürburgring just a few months ago. Now we have video, with Markus Winkelhock throwing down behind the wheel. Just 5 seconds short of Audi's R8 V8 run, Markus and the E-Tron came in at a very notable 8:09.
Note: engineers raised the top speed for the run to 150 mph (production cars will top out at 125 mph).
Considering that the car is a full electric, it's nothing short of spectacular to see Markus hooning it as if it were a normal gas-powered R8. Audi still says they plan to release the E-Tron model later this year in the exact spec--minus the lifted top speed limit--as the one shown here.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies