Mitsubishi i-MiEV Evolution crashes on first practice day of Pikes Peak Hill Climb
Things haven't started quite as Mitsubishi planned, though, with the i-MiEV Evolution crashing during today's second practice session on the lower third of Pikes Peak. The car overshot one of the many hairpins on the course, ending up in a ditch several feet off the road. There's no word on whether the incident was due to a mechanical problem or driver error, but the car looks to be pretty heavily damaged. Fortunately, driver Hiroshi Masuoka, one of Mitsubishi's test drivers and two-time Dakar Rally winner, was unhurt in the accident.
We don't know whether the crew at Mitsubishi will be able to repair the car in time for this weekend's race, but we hope to see it on the mountain come Sunday.
Mitsubishi i-MiEV Information
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies