GM may decide to write-down slumping Peugeot shares
According to Reuters, those developments have had a deleterious effect on Peugeot's stock price, and by extension, the value of GM's stake. What cost The General €320M four months ago is now worth €146M ($180M U.S.), leading GM to consider taking an impairment charge on the loss of value. GM feels the situation is temporary and that the price will recover as the European industry picks up, and to be fair, analysts and other observers also expect things to recover – predictions have ranged from late next year to the next two years, but no one knows when. GM has only said that if the situation doesn't change in the "near-term," it will take the charge but hold onto the stake "until its fair value recovers."
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models