1 dead, 9 injured at Pocono Raceway as storms shorten NASCAR race
According to reports, while race winner Jeff Gordon was heading to Victory Lane, the arriving storms brought two lightning strikes that hit ten fans. One man, who was said to be "either leaning on or inside his car when the car was struck by lightning," was killed in the strike behind the main grandstand. The other nine were injured, one critically, in that strike and the second strike by one of the gates.
It was a tragic epilogue to Jeff Gordon winning his first race in 31 tries. Our condolences to the families of all those affected.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models