Buell fueled with $20M investment, plans $20K streetbike
But the stack of cash doesn't mean EBR's plans are set in stone. It reportedly takes around $100 million to get a startup bike manufacturer off the ground with all of the necessary dealerships and production capability, which means Buell will likely continue to court investors for the foreseeable future.
EBR hasn't disclosed its mystery investor just yet, though the minds at Asphalt & Rubber believe the funds could have come from Hero MotoCorp, an Indian motorcycle manufacturer. The company has made waves about possibly acquiring Erik Buell Racing in the past, and the two motorcycle builders already have a strategic partnership in place.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models