Meet the man who put 170K miles on this Corvair van in four years
That may seem absurd in a world where modern minivans offer three-zone climate control and can outrun most classic sports cars in the 0-60 dash. But as Jackson put it, in 1964, people drove these things across country all the time. Amen.
All told, he puts an average of 60,000 miles a year on the van, which underscores something in which we believe wholeheartedly: if you have a classic car, drive it. Few actions can lead to death and decay faster than leaving a machine squirreled away in a garage somewhere. Check out Depth of Speed's look at Jackson and his classic Chevrolet van below.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models