Tennessee driver charged $58,000 for a tank of gas
Imagine if it was full serve.
One Tennessee woman found a bill for more than $58,000 for a tank of gas when a Mapco station owner – who may or may not have been trying to pay off his annual rent in one fell swoop – accidentally charged her a wee bit, according to Jalopnik. The exact amount was $58,278.35, and when almost $300 is a mere rounding error, you know this was a substantial mess-up.
Jalopnik said the woman was refunded the money after Mapco and Suntrust Bank collaborated on fixing the snafu, and the woman received a $100 gift card from Mapco. The big question is if she's going to spend it on gas.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video