De Tomaso files for bankruptcy
At the end of 2011, it was reported that Gian Mario Rossignolo, the former Fiat executive who took over De Tomaso, had sold the rights to build the Deauville to a Chinese concern and that he had raised millions of euros to build a new Pantera sports car. We don't know how much of that report didn't come true, but Rossignolo's aims couldn't get over the hurdles of too many words, not enough funds, and one regrettable crossover. If any company does buy what's left of the De Tomaso name, it should take this as lesson number one for its new model business plan: start with the Pantera.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models