Watch Hedman Headers build a manifold from start to finish
Hedman Headers has cribbed that successful formula with a new video that lets you follow a set of headers as they make their way from plain tube steel to performance hardware. The company uses computer-controlled machinery to precisely bend the pipes before handing them over to master welders, and those guys hand-stitch the various pieces into the work of art you see above.
Each part is test fitted against existing jigs to maintain quality control throughout the assembly process, and the final pieces are either sprayed black for shipping or doused in a special ceramic coating to resist oxidization. Very cool. Check out the video below to see what we mean.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models