GM sits down with Facebook, may friend each other again
GM dealt Facebook a serious blow when the manufacturer pulled its ad commitments with Facebook just days before the site went public. The automaker reportedly spent $10 million on Facebook ads, but said the efforts were largely wasted. The departure sparked a larger conversation about the value of social media marketing and may have contributed to Facebook's stock faltering shortly after going public.
Neither GM nor Facebook are commenting on whether the automaker will reopen its advertising account.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models