Watch world's fastest four-cylinder set a new quarter-mile record
Should it be verified, it will be the new world record benchmark. Brent Rau in a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse is considered to hold the current record, and although his time differs depending on where you look, the Ecotec-powered runner beats it by at least seven-tenths of a second. There's also a dragster with a Volkswagen engine that's supposedly done 6.53, but it's got a top-fuel-style body. Scroll down to watch what our northern neighbors pulled off with their GM engine and Pontiac G6 bodywork.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models