Stop-motion engine rebuild makes it look too easy
Then there's the power problem. Four-cylinder models were propelled by an anemic 1.3-liter engine with around 75 horsepower when equipped with dual SU carbs. This isn't a machine we'd call quick.
Still, the cars command a surprising loyalty from fans, and one die-hard Spit owner recently went through the headache of completely tearing down and rebuilding the tiny four-pot. He was also kind enough to film the whole process in stop motion. The toil took 11 months, and the quick film features over 3,000 images. Check out the video for yourself below.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models