Roanoke College students converting '39 Pontiac to electric drive
The goal is get the Pontiac Silver Streak running on a battery-electric powertrain by 2014, and for the vehicle to then be used for school purposes. Before that happens, the car is being stored in the garage of Roanoke College President Michael Maxey, though there's already a town vs. gown element going on. The Roanoke, Virginia Museum of Transportation wants to exhibit the car during winter months.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models