Lexus working on more efficient GS 300h
The new model, likely to be called GS 300h, will use the smaller 2.5-liter four-cylinder hybrid powerplant found in the Toyota Camry Hybrid and newly introduced Lexus ES 300h. In the ES, the hybrid system puts out a combined 200 horsepower and is estimated to return a combined 40 miles per gallon.
Of course, the 2.5-liter mill could be tuned differently for use in the modestly sportier, rear-wheel-drive GS. But with the possibility of 40 mpg on tap, Lexus would surely have a fighter for the upcoming Audi A6 3.0 TDI.
Lexus GS 300 Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models